Planets In The Solar System (Word Search)
In this word game, you will search for the planets in the solar system. Take note of the following;
- The solar system is made up of the sun, the planets ( eight ) and other heavenly bodies.
- A planet is a non-luminous celestial body that revolves around a star (sun).
- There used to be nine planets in the solar system but one of them which is Pluto is no longer a planet. CLICK HERE to find out why.
- Therefore the eight planets in the solar system are ; Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- The planets travel in fixed paths around the sun called orbits.
- Each planet has its own specific orbit around the sun.
- The time taken for a planet to complete an orbit is called a year.