Parts Of A Seed (Word Search)
In this word game, you will search for the parts of a flower. Take note of the following;
- A seed is a fertilized ovule that has undergone growth and development.A seed consists of the following parts;
- Embryo: It consists of radicle and plumule.
- Radicle: It develops to form the root.
- Plumule: It occurs above the radicle. It develops to form the shoot.
- Endosperm: It stores food substances.
- Cotyledon: It transfers food substances from the endosperm to radicle and plumule.
- Testa: It is the outer seed coat or covering of a seed.
- Micropyle: It is a tiny pore occurring at one end of a seed. Seeds absorb water through the micropyle.
- Hilum: It is the point of attachment of a seed to the ovary wall.
Functions of seeds
*It protects the embryo. *It stores sufficient food for the development of the embryo.