Parts Of A Flower (Word Search)
In this word game, you will search for the parts of a flower. Take note of the following;
- The flower is the reproductive part of the shoot system of a plant.
- The flower grows on a bud called flower bud.
- A typical flower consists of four main parts. These are; the sepals, petals, stamens, pistil or carpel.
- A group of sepals is called calyx.
- A group of petals is called corolla. In many flowers, petals are large and brightly coloured and may contain sugary fluid called nectar.
- Stamens are the male reproductive parts of a flower. They consist of anther and filament.
- Pistil or carpel is the female reproductive part of a flower. It consists of three main parts namely; ovary, style and stigma.
Stamens and Pistils are referred to as the essential parts of a flower whilst the calyx (sepals) and corolla (petals) are the non-essential parts.